Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Goodbye Winter, I hope.

It occured to me a bit ago that I am going through a completely unique experience here in Winnipeg. Canada. I have never lived where it is so cold (Although we have had it mild) that you have to plug in your car to keep the engine from completely freezing.

we got snow on occasion, but here, it is more of a constant in our lives from late October through what would be Spring in sunny St. George. I see it differently, and one day, snow showed me it's uniqueness as we were hustling to the car.

A white view is what we see from our front door every day.

So this post is my formal thank you to Ole Man Winter for not being as cruel as I know he can be. And at times showing ordinary objects in a beautiful way.




Nature is crying to me that it is ready to re-emerge. I heard the birds singing and I found this in my back yard.

This is a picture of paw prints of a cottontail rabbit. I believe it is the same one that was hanging around our house in the fall (I saw him the other day). I have named him Twitchy. So, welcome Spring. I do not need the Ground Hog to tell me that winter is coming to a close.

1 comment:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers